1. Slamming your thumb in the car door. Did this when I was eight and still remember the agony. But I'd do it again in order to avoid writing a synopsis.
2. DIY bikini wax on a veritable jungle. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. But I cried and never, ever tried it on myself again.
3. Trigonometry. Geometry. Algebra. Calculus.
4. Childbirth. Too late for an epidural. And with a baby the size of a freaking watermelon. Where labor lasts 13 hours. Begging for death...just not a synopsis.
5. Getting cavities filled when the local anesthetic is too weak. Feels like the drill goes from your tooth straight to your brain.
6. Listening to Rush Limbaugh. Hmmm. Hesitating on this. It might actually be less painful to write a synopsis.
7. Whiplash from being rammed from behind in the car. Then chasing the damn guy all over to catch his license plate...only to discover he's not insured and can't pay for your medical bills.
8. Walking face first into a telephone pole. Yeah, I know. Duh.
10. Writing an entire novel. Ripping it to pieces. Rewriting it. Rewriting it. Rewriting it. Rewriting it again. Yeah, even that is less torturous.